The LXD dashboard reaches out to the remote servers using the LXD REST API. With that said, you do not have to install the software on your LXD servers, but rather can choose to have each user run the software on their local computer using either an LXC or Docker container.
There are multiple ways to install and setup the LXD dashboard. Users can choose to setup the dashboard from the source code or use a prebuilt Docker image depending on their needs. Choose from the installation guides below for your installation method.
- Installing the LXD dasbhoard on Ubuntu 22.04
- Installing from source in Alpine Linux
- Installing the LXD dashboard in an LXC container – v2.x.x
- Installing the LXD dashboard using the Docker image
- Building your own Docker image for the LXD dashboard using source code
If you notice anything on the guides that is incorrect, unclear or needs updating, please leave a comment on that guide as it may help others using the application.